Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The Darwin Project

Misinterpretation of Darwin's theory is frequently used to support dominator thinking. David Loye has invested much time and effort to correct this misinterpretation. The Darwin Project is one of his projects to remedy this situation. Here is another example of his work on Darwin's Theory.
"In the Descent of Man Charles Darwin wrote only twice of "survival of the fittest" — but 95 times about love!"
Loye is the husband and partner of Riane Eisler, author of The Chalice and the Blade.

This deeply connects Darwin's Theory of Evolution to the Ecology of Joy.

(I remember a time before I know of David's work when I had called on the telephone to talk to Riane and David answered the phone. We chatted for a few minutes, and I shared my frustration with misinterpretation of the theory of evolution being used to support dominator thinking. I thought it would be an offhand comment, but David and I had a wonderful conversation about his work.)

Link - The Complete Work of Charles Darwin Online

No comments: